News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

'Dawn of Conspiracy' Format Poll

Started by Grizz, August 14, 2016, 06:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your preferred option?

Interactive Movie
5 (100%)
Released Scripts
0 (0%)
Forum Recap Post
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: August 21, 2016, 06:48:40 AM

Grizz

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you a plan that I have for a prelude to the final season.

'Dawn of Conspiracy' reveals how the Accobar Conspiracy came to be and tracks its progress through key moments from the point of view of those involved - including, but not limited to, Sel'tar, G'rath, Taval, Vega, The Truth & the unnamed man at the top of the pyramid.

However, I want to ask you how I should present these moments. There are a few primary options on the table:

'Interactive Movie'

This version takes place in RPG-X and will be a mix of spectated and roleplayed scenes - although largely skewed towards the former. Due to it jumping around over a fifty year period and being heavily reliant on things which *need* to take place, your interaction on events will admittedly be limited, but it is arguably still the most interesting option. Most 'spectated' scenes in AF have taken place between two characters, but this would need to be expanded to include more members if I can get a good idea of who will be most likely present beforehand. There are still scenes when freeform roleplaying will be possible, but for the most part, you should expect to spend a good part of roughly an hour in Spectator Mode - though spectator reaction to events taking place would be encouraged - it was nice to see when David Rush reappeared.

Scripts

Instead of playing out the scenes in RPG-X, I could just write the scripts I usually do and release them for you to peruse at your own desire. This would be the easiest option for me, but not my preferred as I do like to put some effort in when revealing important chunks of the main story - and this is arguably one of the most important sequence of scenes of the entire series.

Recap Post

Thirdly, I could do another big 'recap' post on the forum and simply go over the broad strokes of the Accobar Conspiracy. My least favourite option as it would essentially wipe out all the minor details and give little visualisation to events taking place. Plus I've done so many big recaps, that I've grown tired of them and struggle to write them up. We're talking about a lot of currently unreleased information intertwined with four years of roleplaying. It's a lot - but would take up the least of your time depending on how interested you are in this.

Originally I was not going to do a prelude and simply include such moments in flashbacks at the start or end of episodes in the final season. But I think it is going to be much more worthwhile going in to Season Seven with as much information as possible - especially when it comes to revealing the final 'antagonist.'

Let me know what you think! This poll will close as the roll call does in 1 week.

Thanks,
Grizz

Martin Thompson

I like the interactive movie idea. Let me know if you need any (technical) help with that.


Grizz

Option #1 selected. Thank you for voting!