02x0B Prelude to War Part 2

Started by Klaw, July 06, 2016, 02:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Date: March 5th, 2156

The Following is a record of the final remains of the Odyssey, Daedalus Class, Registry Number NCC-171

This is all that could be recovered from the ship's emergency beacon and the remnants of the computer core.

Imaging Sensor Data to Follow:

Unidentified Vessel emanating distress call, January 5th, 2156 04:00 hrs

2 more unidentified vessels appear to be using some form of cloaking technology, appear to aft January 5th, 2156 04:07 hrs

January 5th, 2156 05:27 hrs, Imaging Sensors report catastrophic failure, and are unable to respond

Log Records from the Ship's Computer, only one log from a crew member has been salvaged:

"Captain's Personal Log, December 24th, 2155. Captain Natasha Quinn commanding.

Starfleet's newest general order to maintain a strong presence along the Sierra Run seems a bit overkill to me; especially considering the ships they've deployed. Saratoga, Avenger, Columbia, even Enterprise and now Odyssey. It also seems to me that deploying a ship on Christmas eve is a bit off, but who am I to argue? Orders are orders.

The Odyssey's new upgrades have made her a fine ship. I wouldn't be surprised if this old girl could put Columbia or even the new NX class, Challenger to shame. I'm looking forward to my first tour of duty as captain of this ship - though it sure is a different view when compared to the greasy engine rooms I've been used to. I'm eager to see how the ship and this young crew get on.

Speaking of young crews, I just read a report from Starfleet that stated recruitment is up 200% and four non terran cadets will be joining the academy in the fall! This is the beginning of something amazing - I only hope it pans out in my lifetime.

Busy day tomorrow: Lieutenant Ferra wants to show me some calculations for a new, more stable warp field, Ensign Jensen has asked to meet with me about taking some academy extension courses while onboard and Commander Yin in stellar cartography has requested we take a pass near a dark matter nebula in the area. I'm certainly not going to let a 'military maneuver' get in the way of Starfleet's true purpose of exploration and scientific discovery; Besides, we've had a constant stream of ships in the area for months - and while ships keep disappearing, we never find any sign of foul play. Truth be told, I'm not sure this tactic is working. I hope Admiral Williams knows what he's doing. Tom was always a little quick to overreact at the academy..."'

It should be noted, the Debris of the Odyssey has been scorched by apparent high energy weapons fire. Starfleet Command believes she was attacked. This is the first evidence of a hostile force being behind the disappearances in the area....