News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Anniversary Special - "Distorted Reflections" - 13/12/14

Started by Grizz, November 15, 2014, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz



Production Code: AB7
Episode Title: "Distorted Reflections"
Writer: Grizz
Air Date: 13th & 20th December 2014

The year is 2389. Aboard the USS Relentless, Captain Amber Munro suddenly loses her life at the end of a Romulan disruptor, in search of a missing asteroid base. It was an act which heralded the end of the original Star Trek: Asteroid Base series. Now, in a parallel universe, eerily similar circumstances are playing out.

Is history set to repeat itself?

Join Captain Munro for one final mission as she takes on members of Pioneer Station's crew to seek out the Cult of Romulus' best kept secret. Uncovered within the classified files of a top Romulan scientist, all evidence points towards the existence of a third Asteroid Base. Codename: Perdix. The Relentless heads beyond the Neutral Zone off the back of a Hobus aid mission, before breaking off to follow a series of clues which may lead them to the missing facility.

What they find, however, leads to an impossible showdown - seven years in the making. Join special guests and pay a final visit to the original Asteroid Base universe throughout this epic two-part adventure.




This episode marks the final appearance of Amber Munro and the final installment of Star Trek: Asteroid Base


MORE MAPS & UPDATED MUSIC PACK WILL BE ADDED AT A LATER DATE!

SFC3


Grizz


Mutatio Nomen

So pumped for this. This is a great way for relatively new players (like myself) to learn more crucial back-story. I've always felt like I wasn't in on the inside jokes! :P

Archibald



TLO Gold account holder

Grizz

There will be some character changes for these episodes. Realistically, Munro already has an experienced crew aboard a Sovereign-class ship. Some of them will still be with her from their time aboard Asteroid Base: Alpha & the Athena while others will have moved on. If I recall correctly, Tim Rogan is now the only remaining staff member from the original team still serving in Accobar permanently - so I have no doubt that he will be making the trip  :P Lexi Etis is, of course, already present and correct. There clearly hasn't been much room for promotion over the course of two ship changes and a station posting over seven years. You're Harry Kim, MT. Deal with it.

I will be working on striking a balance between current and returning characters, while perhaps even re-imagining some characters from the original series to fill the gaps and pay respect to some long-gone members. I'll be contacting most of you when my reduced activity period comes to an end to work out the details.

( I've also contacted Klaw to reprise his role as XO Torvek for another year. So you should all PM him with #dothecleverthing... and I'm sure James Brooklaw is still alive, right Crim?)

Scott Archer

Depending on time, I should be able to make both of these!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

criminula

Quote from: Missy on November 24, 2014, 04:33:15 AM
and I'm sure James Brooklaw is still alive, right Crim?)

Somewhere in the galaxy. I guess I had better work out what he's been up to.



Martin Thompson

Quote from: Missy on November 24, 2014, 04:33:15 AM
( I've also contacted Klaw to reprise his role as XO Torvek for another year. So you should all PM him with #dothecleverthing... )

Now the question of the hour is, who's the XO? Answer: Klaw is. Next question. Who's comming to replace him? Come on, look at us, no plan, no backup no weapons worth a damn  oh and something else we don't have anything ... to ... lose. SO, if you are sitting up there behind your silly little computer with all your silly... little... characters and you've got any plans on attending this Asteroid Base special on the 13th and 20th JUST REMEMBER WHO MADE THIS RP. REMEMBER... EVERY PLOT LINE THAT HAS EVER BEEN WRITTEN AND THEN, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THEN! Do the smart thing!........ Join the rp.

Trust me... I'm MT :P


Klaw


Grizz



I lied.

The live Twitch reveal of the Asteroid Base & Asteroid Field promotional material will take place on December 6th - at the usual time.

( There will be more Lorde )

Channel Link Reprise

Martin Thompson



Grizz


Grizz

Due to unexpected circumstances, the live Twitch reveal has been cancelled. So the trailer and accompanying materials will be released in a separate thread on this board.  ;)

Martin Thompson